Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Streak is Over

Well, I went to the dentist today for the first time in about 7 years.

I like going to the dentist and so it is not my disdain for the visit that has kept me away...just the expense.

Regardless of the money, I've come to feel that it was time. Several gallons of sweet tea these past three years and general aging has made me more aware of the need for good dental care.

I was apprehensive, though. In 33 years, I have never had a cavity and I was pretty sure that my time was coming.

I was right. I think?

The lady that did my comprehensive exam (this is a new thing to me...an exam and then you come back later for a cleaning? Weird and suspicious!) said that she noticed a small spot on my tooth but that it was not yet to the dentin? She then shared that I have LOADS of tartar and "shame-shame" on me for not flossing enough!

Yada-yada...I've heard this a thousand times before!

So, when my dentist came in he reassured me that despite the lecture I had just gotten from Miss flossy pants (that doesn't sound nice???)-HE thought I had beautiful teeth *blush* and that it doesn't really count as a cavity if he doesn't want to mess with it.

I love my new dentist, Dr. Powell, and will accept any compliment at this point even if it is just a manipulative tactic to get more business!

(By the way, Steph...He and his wife have two retired racer-greyhound dogs! Isn't that hilarious!?)

SO...I now have a sort of cavity and I've decided not to see it as the beginning of my dental demise but rather the reflection of many years of great deserts and good drinks!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Go to my blog and give me a RECIPE!!! Did I spell that right? Looks funny in all caps...