Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"Jolted"

Eh.

I have no idea how teachers do this every January.

My alarm went off today after two weeks off and jolted me towards the downward spiral known as Second Semester.

It's utterly dreadful.

It didn't help that I had the quietest Christmas known to man and spent 12 of the 14 days on my couch under an electric blanket. Usually the "after holiday" thing is a bummer but at least I was a stay-at-home mom and could nurse my wounds with a new episode of Dr. Phil or something!

Ehhhh.

I have to admit, I barely have any pics of Christmas to show because I sort of just lived in the moments and didn't remind myself to document them. No pictures?...hmm..maybe I was depressed?

Some favorites:

Favorite Event: A toss up! I loved our work Christmas party and I played a great game with my mom-in-law and the crew and she and I totally kicked butt! (okay..we cheated a smidge but it may have been worth it!)

Favorite Gift: I got a new pillow. H..e..a..v..e..n

Beloved Tradition: The "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake. Honoring and yummy!

Sweetest Moment: All of my boys got me a "Day of Relaxation". It was so funny to see each of them produce a part of it that made them think of me. They are really paying attention!

My Matt Book: This year Matt gave me The Collective Works of Edgar Allen Poe. So cool. We exchange a book every year with a message in the front and the holiday year. Kind of makes you wonder how he correlated me and Edgar Allen Poe, huh?! :) I got him "The Princess Bride".

My New Years was spent enjoying a Harry Potter marathon (that's right...they broke me down!) and I woke up right before midnight. I whispered a "Happy New Year" to all of you that I love and miss from home. Did you hear it?

This is going to be a challenging year. I have some major life decisions to sort out. You know...the ones you put off until you JUST have to get on with it? Nothing too dreaded just change. I don't do that well but what can you say?

2008.

Where are the flying cars?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey
Sorry I didn't call you like I said but you know what I was doing? SLEEPING! I am so a parent! Gary and I were so tired that we tried to hang on but couldn't make it. Actually kind of nice, no pressure...just a normal day. (You know how I hate the "first" of anything so it was nice to think of it as just a Tuesday with my family all around me).
I feel for you - we have until Monday before the dreaded "back to second semester" but I'm already getting those little feelings of depression...