Tuesday, June 20, 2006

"So we didn't go over the edge..."

Today in our town...was hot...VERY HOT!

It's 7:30 pm and it's still 92 degrees out!

Sam, Jo and I decided to play outside in the pool. Bad idea. Too hot for little pools. Too hot for laying out. Too hot for outside-period!

So, like any good mother would do when she is single-parenting for a week, I loaded up the kids and went to a movie.

Movies are good...theatres are cool and dark. They have popcorn and fountain drinks. They have fun things to watch. YES...movie is BETTER than small pool to lay out and sweat beside!

The boys and I went against the grain and chose "Over the Hedge" versus "Cars" which we have heard is very good but is still too popular for the mom! I hate cartoons to start with and the crowded, child-filled theatre that smells like dirty diapers is just not my cup of tea.

Fortunately, We were one of two other families that tried The Hedge this afternoon and it was great! Very entertaining and that's a lot from a woman that is hard pressed to enjoy anything animated. I even laughed out loud a couple of times.

I had to put JoJo on my lap because he's still too light to keep the seat down and by the end of the flick I was covered in popcorn by two small boys that were devouring it the whole movie! Regardless, we stayed cool and enjoyed a softer side of Bruce Willis for a change.

I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl...I agree, good flick! Although, I highly recommend Cars, it was pretty cute too! The blogs of you and Sandy look great! I'm excited to hear more stories and even more excited for our trip next year! (No planes please :) Love ya & Miss ya!

Sandy said...

We may need to see one of those films this week while daddy is away. I know about the seats, my girls still can't quite keep the seats down either!