Saturday, June 07, 2008

3rd grade to Chimney Rock

A couple of weeks ago, Matt and I took off of work to go with Sam's class to Chimney Rock. ("The Last of the Mohicans" was filmed there.) It's a mountain a good bit away from where we live and it was a lot of fun to see Sam with his little buddies.

In my opinion, this was really the only "fun" part of this trip! I really struggle with heights in my older age and so I had some trouble getting around. Making it worse, only three days before we went, a two year old pulled away from his mom on one of the trails and fell 200 feet to his death.

Yeah. Not fun.

Regardless, it was a sweet day and we made a lot of good memories with our school friends!

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

(As usual, "Mom" is the one that is targeted to make fun of by scaring her!" Thanks, guys!)

No comments: